The New Testament knows nothing of an isolated believer living in a private relationship to God. Each individual believer is joined to Christ and therefore to His body, the people of God.
The covenant is not with us as individuals but with the “people” who are in Christ, with whom the covenant is made. We have an intensely personal relationship with God in Christ, but we do not have an individual relationship; it is a corporate one.
Click to Listen
“People of the Spirit” Show Notes
In this episode, I share on the following topics:
- Review of the previous episode
- Upcoming Book Study on Surprised by Hope by N.T. Wright
- N.T. Wright on the Gospel
- Joined to the Body of Christ
- The New Community
- The Community of Agape
- Your Place in the Church
“People of the Spirit” Episode Resources
In this episode I mentioned several resources, including:
- The Lost Secret of the New Covenant (The Power of the Blood Covenant) *Downloadable e-book in PDF format
- The Power of the Blood Covenant: Uncover the Secret Strength of God’s Eternal Oath
- Malcolm’s book on iTunes (iBooks)
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, e-mail me. Also, feel free to leave me a voicemail as well by clicking the tab on the middle right of your screen.
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: Have questions about covenant? Or topics you would like to hear me cover? You can leave a comment below, or leave me a voicemail by clicking on the link to the right.