The Bible knows nothing of abstract discussions of covenant. Rather, what we see is covenant in action. So, often you will see words such as mercy or lovingkindess more than the word covenant, as these are words of covenant-in-action. The Hebrew word is hesed.
The very heart of hesed is passionate love, pursuit, strength, and steadfastness. In this episode, we look at this word through Scripture and see our wonderful union with the Trinitarian God.
Click to Listen
“The Lovingkindness of God” Show Notes
In this episode, I share on the following topics:
- Review of the previous episode
- Seeing your relationship with God more like marriage
- The word of covenant … hesed
- The strange story of Israel’s covenant with the Gibeonites (Joshua 9)
- Lovingkindness … THE word of covenant
- Why hesed is often translated as mercy
“The Lovingkindness of God” Episode Resources
In this episode I mentioned several resources, including:
- The Lost Secret of the New Covenant (The Power of the Blood Covenant) *Downloadable e-book in PDF format
- The Power of the Blood Covenant: Uncover the Secret Strength of God’s Eternal Oath
- Malcolm’s book on iTunes (iBooks)
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, e-mail me. Also, feel free to leave me a voicemail as well by clicking the tab on the middle right of your screen.
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: Have questions about covenant? Or topics you would like to hear me cover? You can leave a comment below, or leave me a voicemail by clicking on the link to the right.