We have seen that a covenant in Bible times was a matter of life and death. This was underscored throughout the ritual by the death of the covenant animal, the oath taken by the two parties, and the shedding of their own blood, which flowed down their arms as they swore to keep the covenant even to the shedding of their own blood.
For God to make the new covenant, the representative— the God Man, Jesus—had to shed His blood in death and, rising out of death, bring us the blessings of the new covenant in the authority of His shed blood.
Click to Listen
“The Blood of God” Show Notes
In this episode, I share on the following topics:
- Review of the previous episode
- Baxter Kruger quote
- The purpose of sacrifice
- Salvation … status change? Or healing and medicine for our soul?
- The Blood of God … establishing an eternal covenant with man
“The Blood of God” Episode Resources
In this episode I mentioned several resources, including:
- The Lost Secret of the New Covenant (The Power of the Blood Covenant) *Downloadable e-book in PDF format
- The Power of the Blood Covenant: Uncover the Secret Strength of God’s Eternal Oath
- Malcolm’s book on iTunes (iBooks)
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, e-mail me. Also, feel free to leave me a voicemail as well by clicking the tab on the middle right of your screen.
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: Have questions about covenant? Or topics you would like to hear me cover? You can leave a comment below, or leave me a voicemail by clicking on the link to the right.